Friday 10 March 2017

Product Review: Primark's PS Love To Glow Face Mask and Serum.


Hey guys! Today I'm going to be reviewing the PS Love To Glow mask and serum from Penneys/Primark. If ye follow me on instagram or Snapchat ye know I've been reviewing these items the last few weeks. I heard that the mask was a dupe for the L'Oréal Pure Clay glow mask so I had to see if it's true. The Penneys mask retails €3.50 and the L'Oréal mask usually retails for around the €11 mark. Your know me and bargains, if there's one to be had I'm all over it. With the serum I was looking for a cheaply priced one  and this one was under a fiver so I couldn't leave it there.


The packaging of the mask looks a little like the glam glow mask (a very expensive alternative ) with its smooth sleek jar. The colour of the mask is cool too, It's a silvery grey colour. It claims to have argon oil and Vit E in it which helps to achieve the glowy look. When using it I apply it to a cleansed face for 15 mins then wash off.  I wash it off in circular motions as it has a mild exfoliant in it. This is very similar to the L'Oréal mask where it also has an exfoliant.



What's the verdict? I love it! It is 100% a dupe for the L'Oréal glow mask. It left my skin feeling the exact same way as the more expensive mask. My skin looked brighter, more even and glowy. The light exfoliant removes dead skin the reveal newer brighter skin. I actually am almost out of the mask already but I'm definitely repurchasing.  If your strapped for cash or don't want to pay €11 for a face mask give the PS Love To Glow mask a go and you can spend the difference on a Starbucks or something!


Next up is the serum.. I'm not going to beat around the bush here, I hate it. I used it 3/4 times and after each use I broke out. I put the serum onto the high points of my cheeks, the temples and my forehead. Each place I put it on I broke out. The funny thing was that it wasn't even a heavy serum, if anything it felt just like a normal cream. A serum under a fiver.. I wasn't expecting a miracle but I wasn't expecting a breakout either. It's been 4 weeks since my last use and I still have blemishes on my cheeks. Now what doesn't work for me might not, not work for you, this is just my experience and a little word of warning.

Overall it was a mixed review. On one hand the glow mask is now apart of my regular routine and I'm loving the fact I'm saving money and on the other I have a product that I'll never put near my face again. More times than not you really pay for what you get when it comes to skincare but it's nice when you find dupes such as the mask.

Feel free to leave a comment below if ye have any questions or if there's a product ye want me to review.

Have a good day! Byyyyeeeeeeeee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment