Friday 2 June 2017

Product Review: Primark's Hot Cloth Cleanser.


Hey guys long time no blog eh!? Sorry I was M.I.A. for the month of may I was having a bit of bloggers block, but it's a new month so new me right?...
Today's blog post is on the Penneys/Primark hot cloth facial cleanser. I've never used a hot cloth cleanser before and I've been dying to try one out and when I saw one in Penneys I had to pick it up. I've been trialing it for a month now so I feel I can give ye a good review on the product.

The Product

Lads, Penneys have been upping their game when it comes to cosmetics, like a hot cloth cleanser a few years back would be total notions. First off the price is very reasonable. You get 150ml for €6 which is a fair amount compared to other brands. The popular hot cloth facial brand Liz Earle comes in at €19 in boots for only just 100ml of product and No7 comes in at €14. I haven't tried these but it is said that the Penneys one is a good dupe for the No7 hot cloth cleanser. I'm a beauty bargain hunter and when I hear the word dupe I'm all over it. Ingredients wise it has cocoa butter jojoba oil grape seed oil and vitamin e. All these ingredients help to give a brighter complexion. This is a very oil rich cleanser that is said to break down make up and well as soften the skin.


My thoughts

At first I was scared to use it as I'm oily AF but my skin loved it.  My skin looked brighter and felt softer but most of all it actually felt clean. I was pleasantly surprised by this because it is a thick cleanser packed full of oil. To use it I take a €2 size amount of the cleanser and massage it into my face, I'm so heavy handed with it but still after a month I have over have the tube left. Next I get a hot damp face cloth and I lightly sweep it around my face. This gives me a light exfoliation which I love. This has now made it into my skincare routine as a twice a week treat when my skin is feeling tight from spot treatments. I am definitely going to repurchase this if i ever get through my current tube.

So all in all this is a great cleanser. It's kind of making me want to buy other hot cloth cleansers now. I'm excited to see what Penneys brings out next. If you have any questions on this cleanser leave a comment below.

Byeeeeeeeeee :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. You say you're only going to use this as a twice a week skin treat, I get that you're a young pup and your skin wouldn't be bad, but do you think that this would be too harsh to use every day on my 42 yr old drying, aging mush???? ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carol. I don't think it would be harsh to use everyday at all. If your skin is dry it would be a perfect cleanser with the oils and vitamin e in it.

      Delete